Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Fanny Packs

What is the first thing that comes to mind when you see this picture above?  Is it manbag, bum bag, or tourist tracker?  Well, in the 1990’s this was a fanny pack and was also a very trendy thing to have especially when travelling.   I remember when I went to an amusement park or somewhere big with lots of people everyone had them on to store their camera, money, and everything else imaginable.  I believe I had a little colorful one once in my younger days as well, along with all of my friends.  Now that we all look back and think about how not fashionable they really are I’m sure we all cringe and wonder what we were thinking and why we didn’t just carry a backpack or purse when we went to these big places.  Now every time we see one, we know in an instant that that person is a tourist and the main thing that is inside of that fanny pack is a camera along with other little accessories.  A lot of us are ashamed that the fanny pack is thought to be “American”; I guess we will never know what was going through our minds when we decided to buckle this pack around our waist and go out into the real world.  These fanny packs were not just for women and children, men loved to carry them around as well, and today when I go to bid tourist places men are the ones that I still see wearing them.

1 comment:

  1. It was wondering if I could use this write-up on my other website, I will link it back to your website though.Great Thanks.
    mens fanny pack

    ReplyDelete