Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Overalls

When is the last time you’ve seen someone in overalls? Well that might have been back in the 1990’s when they came back as “hip” and “cool”.  Overalls were no longer just for farmers, they were for everyone, all ages and even gender.  I know you all had at least one pair that your mom bought you when you were young, and everyone else was wearing them so you felt like you were in fashion and really cool.  And I bet there are also many pictures with you and your friends with them on as well.  I’m sure you thought, “What was my mom thinking when she bought these for me and why did I agree to wear them?”.  I remember I use to put a bright colored t-shirt underneath mine they were very comfortable, and that was a plus as well.  Men also enjoyed wearing overalls; it was one big overall party in the 90’s!  There were a couple of hip ways to wear your overalls, one was to wear a belt and let the front flaps and back straps hang down.  Another way was to hook one strap and not the other.   The popular colors of overalls were stone- washed and light blue but you cannot forget the different color corduroy.  Unfortunately this fashion statement did not last very long, I think people soon came to realize that this was doing nothing for their bodies and were soon called “coveralls”.  If you were skinny, you just got swallowed in them and if you were on the heavier side, it just wasn’t the style for you.      

No comments:

Post a Comment